Thursday, April 29, 2010
It is for just such reasons that there is a Tenth Amendment! The founders of our once-great nation instinctively knew that the federal government could easily become a bloated, tyrannical leviathan, that may attempt to constrain the people and consume the rewards of their labors.
Being in Mexico without the proper documents is equivalent in crime level to a felony in the USA. However, Mexico is not a "catch and release" country. Their penalties are:
First offense - two years imprisonment
Second Offense - ten years imprisonment
If you are a foreigner living in Mexico you are prohibited by law from participating in any activities critical of the Mexican government. Also, you must provide proof that you are capable of providing for your own medical care at your expense, that you have permanent employment, and that you will create no financial burden upon the Mexican government. That being the case... why would any American want to live in Mexico?
I'm beginning to think I should claim Mexican citizenship just so I can get all the freebies from our own government.
What is Obama's plan to end illegal immigration into the United States of America? AMNESTY, coupled with immediate granting of citizenship! I'm certain that in some parallel universe that approach to resolving the problem makes sense... but not in the world in which I live. Using that rationale, if a person were to sneak into a movie theater without paying, they should be able to stay without being arrested for theft of services. Or, better yet, if a person were to sneak into the White House without proper documentation... oh, never mind - bad example... that has already happened!
There is always the outside chance that I could be wrong about this entire issue. I think the odds are right up there with the sun rising in the west tomorrow morning.
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
The problem is magnified when, as in Arizona, American citizens have been murdered by illegal aliens. Arizona is not the first state to suffer from homicides committed by those who were in our country illegally. There have been dozens, perhaps hundreds, of murder, rape, arson, kidnapping, and robbery cases throughout the country - all perpetrated by illegal immigrants - that did not receive national coverage.
The federal government is remiss in its duty to protect our southern border. The Obama administration is counting on those illegal aliens and their liberal supporters to place illegal votes in order to maintain the socialist-progressive momentum his administration has created. Amnesty for 12 million lawbreakers is NOT what our country needs. They have demonstrated their desire to thwart our most basic law of residency, and if they are rewarded in that action, they will be emboldened to disrespect other laws within our borders. We do not need more scofflaws... we have plenty of the homegrown variety. We do not need to import them from other countries! Rewarding illegal behavior simply encourages more illegal behavior.
Who are the supporters of illegal residents? Their legal and illegal friends and families, our own expansionist tax-and-spend government which needs them to complete creation of a socialist environment within our previously Democratic Republic, and those who believe that Obama's socialist-progressive, Marxist-Communist, giveaway and redistribution agenda is something other than the key to the ruination of our once-great nation. This may well be THE turning point in American history. The erosion/elimination of the freedoms we citizens are guaranteed by the Constitution, and the decline of our economy until we are on the same level as Zimbabwe, which has a hyperinflation rate loom on the horizon. The last time inflation was officially recorded in mid-2008 it had soared to 231 million per cent. Today, using some kind of voodoo mathematics, it is reported to be approximately 5.5%. (There's a n old saying, "Figures can lie, and liars can figure." The issuance of a $50 TRILLION ZD banknote is a good indication that all is not yet well in Zimbabwe.)
The "entitlement whores", who have received multiple mentions in my blog, are all for whatever the government wants as long as the government continues to care for them as if they were dependent children. Who are these people that I refer to as "entitlement whores"? They are those whose way of life is to work the system's social programs. Their main product is children, which they produce in quantities significant enough to insure they themselves do not have to work. They get financial assistance (welfare), housing assistance (HUD), virtually free medical assistance (MedicAid), government food programs, etc.. All the things that the majority of us labor for in order to provide for ourselves and/or our families are provided to them by the government! Naturally they want to see government expand, because by that expansion the government creates more giveaway programs for them to work to their advantage.
We the People - the entrepreneurs, the craftsmen, the technicians - all those who perform labor for the rewards it provides, deserve those rewards. WE HAVE EARNED THEM! There should be no thought of "redistribution" of the fruits of our labors by the government. The government does not have that Constitutional right. If the government wants to "help" the needy, the government should provide them with one free thing - JOB TRAINING.
How did most of "the needy" become that way? By dropping out of school, thereby eliminating their first free service... a free education. Add to that the abuse of drugs and alcohol, and the adornment of their bodies with tattoos and piercings (which makes them less attractive to potential employers), the adoption of a gang mentality, and the seductive siren's song of the welfare program, and they create their own condition of neediness. Being needy is - in a general sense - a self-inflicted condition.
You may be thinking to yourself "This guy is one heartless son-of-a-bitch!". But it has nothing to do with heartlessness. It has to do with reality - the "hosts" reality versus the "parasites" reality. The condition of the needy in this country is truly a shame, but the shame is not mine. I have been given nothing in this life for which I have not labored and thereby earned. I finished my basic government-funded education (luckily, I did so before it became government-funded indoctrination). I served my country in our military, and have held numerous jobs within our society - some relatively menial, and others of relative importance in "the grand scheme of things". I am a "host", and I don't appreciate "parasites". Since the age of 17 my function has been to make my own way in the world, dependent upon the fruits of my labors to provide for my needs. I was successful because I was raised not to burden society with my care.
America is the "land of opportunity", but only for those who wish to take advantage of the opportunities America offers. The opportunity to take advantage of 12 free years of education, the opportunity to learn a trade, the opportunity for advanced education and training, the opportunity to earn a living, and the opportunity to become a responsible, self-supporting, contributing member of our society. There's an old saying, that goes like this" "There's no such thing as a free lunch." And it's true. If you get something for "free" from the government, there are always strings attached, even if those strings aren't visible. What you get costs you either in taxes or freedoms. Government dependency erodes one's freedoms, for in order to continue to receive, you must also continue to support the government's growth.
I could be wrong about all this... and Osama bin Laden could be America's best friend. What are the odds...
Monday, April 26, 2010
The silent majority has finally found their voice! Let that voice be heard "loud and clear" by those in our government - not just in Washington, but at all levels of government...
NO MORE TAXES - YOU CAN'T HIDE THEM WELL ENOUGH TO FOOL US!
NO CAP-AND-TRADE - IT'S JUST ANOTHER HIDDEN TAX!
NO VAT - AT ANY LEVEL! VAT EVENTUALLY REACHES THE CONSUMER AS ONE MORE TAX!
GET THE GOVERNMENT OUT OF COMMERCIAL INDUSTRY - THE PRIVATE SECTOR EMPLOYS PEOPLE THAT ARE USED TO DOING SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE FOR A LIVING!
NO MORE BAILOUTS! WHEN THE RACE HAS ENDED AND THE HORSE DIDN'T FINISH, YOU DON'T RUSH UP TO THE WINDOW TO BET MORE MONEY ON IT!
Friday, April 23, 2010
For example, Affordable Housing Centers of America was formerly ACORN Housing. The new corporation has the same tax ID and employer identification number as ACORN Housing, which received millions of dollars in funding from the Department of Housing Urban and Development.
In Missouri, Jeff Ordower, a former head organizer for ACORN in that state, founded Missourians Organizing for Reform and Empowerment (MORE), which focuses on jobs, education and housing advocacy.
Other groups that bear a striking resemblance to ACORN are the Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment, New York Communities for Change, New England United for Justice in Massachusetts and Arkansas Community Organizations. And the list grows almost daily. Combined they make up "The Organization Encompassing Just American Minorities", or TOE JAM. The stench of corruption remains - a skunk still stinks, even if you call it a "woods kitty".
2. Give up voting the "party ticket". If you truly wish to see America remain the land of the free, don't vote for somebody just because they are a Democrat or Republican. Vote for somebody you believe will do their best to return America to its intended course, regardless of their party affiliation... but make sure the candidate is viable. If you are a registered Democrat and you think the Republican candidate will do a better job for our country, vote for the Republican. (If you're a Republican and you think the Democrat will do a better job, go home and take your meds.) As much as I like the idea, voting for a 3rd party candidate is - at this point in time - throwing your vote away, and by so doing you help the moron you could have voted against. If you vote for somebody who actually stands a chance of becoming elected - even if they lose - you will neutralize 1 vote for his or her moronic opponent. Every splinter party takes votes away from potential winners, and right now we have about 6 splinter parties that I know of. As much as I hate to say it, Presidential elections are presently won only by Democrats or Republicans. Not that either party necessarily deserves to win, but they are established, recognized and organized, and there is no single, strong 3rd party that can successfully challenge them.
3. Don't accept a politician's word for anything! Go into the voting booth knowing full-well that politicians are professional liars. They will tell you what you want to hear during their campaign, and then do whatever they damn-well feel like after elected. Politicians should be rented to farmers, because politicians are the perfect self-propelled manure spreader! Look into the candidates VOTING RECORD to discover who they really are, and then vote accordingly.
3. We need honor, courage and wisdom in our government. Obviously the vast majority of the incumbents are lacking any of those character traits, so let's replace them in November with people who have demonstrated those traits. Vote against those incumbents who failed to heed the voice of the people during the past two years - even if you have to write-in your own name.
4. Do not vote for anybody supporting larger government and higher taxes. Larger government requires higher taxes to keep it running! Don't let anybody tell you differently. The government performs no income producing function other than taxing the people it "serves"... and we ain't getting our money's worth, Bubba!
Stevie Wonder could see what it will take to restore the Republic. "Hope and Change" is what we need, but we need to work for the changes it will take to restore our hope. Our government doesn't just have a "boo-boo" that will heal itself if we leave it alone. It is suffering from the all-consuming CANCER of the left-wing, Marxist, socialist-progressive agenda, and if we choose to ignore it, it will kill the USA!
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
"WASHINGTON — Congress and the Obama administration on Monday headed toward a showdown over access to information about how an Army major with known contacts to Islamic extremists was able to carry out a deadly shooting spree at a Texas military base last fall.
Saying the Pentagon and Justice Department had failed to cooperate in Congress' efforts to understand what took place, the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs issued subpoenas to Defense Secretary Robert Gates and Attorney General Eric Holder, demanding documents about Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, the disgruntled Army psychiatrist charged with killing 13 people and injuring another 32 during a Nov. 5 shooting spree at Fort Hood, Texas."
Monday, April 19, 2010
I have attended two Tea Parties locally, and have yet to witness any acts of violence, and have not yet heard a call to commit acts of violence. In fact, the only acts of violence I have even heard of are those committed against the TEA Party attendees by supporters and sympathizers of the left-wing, Marxist, socialist-progressive Democrats. A cowardly demonstration of attempting to provoke peaceful TEA Party attendees into acts of physical violence against the socialist turncoats.
Sedition is defined thus - "Conduct which is directed against a government and which tends toward insurrection but does not amount to treason." I don't know that there have been any acts of sedition associated with the TEA Party movement. If so, they were not sponsored or condoned by the TEA Party movement. But, the First Amendment to the Constitution guarantees us freedom of speech, in spite of the fact that the left-wing, Marxist, socialist-progressive Democrats wish to deny that Constitutionally protected right to those who voice disagreement with them.
Perhaps they have an understandable guilt created by diverting our government from its intended course, and an attendant fear that they will someday be held accountable for their treasonous acts by We the People.
The last statistic I heard regarding the Constitution dealt with the Tenth Amendment (States Rights), which states in plain English - "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.". The statistic I refer to reported that 33 states had reaffirmed their sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment. Now that may just be "window dressing" - like a couple reaffirming their marriage vows -, or it may be a precursor to secession. Could secession be considered an act of sedition? I suppose it could be if it were left up to some radical left-winger to define. But the Merriam-Webster Dictionary of the English Language defines secession to be - " 1 : withdrawal into privacy or solitude 2 : formal withdrawal from an organization." In other words, it's a simple statement saying, "I refuse to play your game any more because you want to change the rules the game was established with." If you can understand that then you have a grasp of the meaning of secession. It means a state - or states - chooses to remove itself from the Union of States.
Washington has turned a deaf ear to the conservative voices in this country... and THAT is the worst possible action the government could take. George III failed to hear the voices of the American colonists until December 16, 1773 - the night of the original Boston Tea Party. The rebellion against tyranny is not only expected of free men, it is required of them when rebellion becomes necessary to maintain that freedom. As Thomas Jefferson said, "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Jefferson was also - by today's definition - a "seditionist", condemned to be so by his own words. Read carefully and thoughtfully... "God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure." He suggested that the people take arms against any tyrannical ruler. Along that same line, his view of the Second Amendment (Keep and Bear Arms) was quite elegant - "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." And - "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Attempts to erode and subvert the intent of the United States Constitution. Seditious speech? It would only considered as such by those who fear a free people.
Surprisingly, Jefferson also had views on government bailouts, stimulus packages, welfare and national health care, even though he had no exposure to such things -
"The policy of the American government is to leave their citizens free, neither restraining nor aiding them in their pursuits."
"To take from one because it is thought that his own industry and that of his father’s has acquired too much, in order to spare to others, who, or whose fathers, have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association—the guarantee to every one of a free exercise of his industry and the fruits acquired by it. "
"Was the government to prescribe to us our medicine and diet, our bodies would be in such keeping as our souls are now."
"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical."
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
The seeds of violence and sedition have been sown by those who thought it wise to blame the conservative right for such actions on nationwide television and radio. There were no such acts supported, coordinated, or condoned by the conservative right prior to April 18, 2010. There may be random acts of individuals here and there, but violence and sediton is not the goal of the conservatives. On the other hand, I once saw a bumper sticker that read "WHEN REASON FAILS, FORCE PREVAILS", which seems to be the motto of all international negotiators.
I wonder how "amusing" Obama will find the TEA Party movement in November...
Friday, April 9, 2010
The primary function of the government is to protect the citizens of our nation and our national sovereignty, yet we fail to secure our borders in a satisfactory manner. This failure endangers both our sovereignty and our safety! The Federal government has failed to complete the border fence that was authorized by Congress several years ago.
There are numerous "safe haven" cities where illegals are ignored by law enforcement agencies, which creates an air of de facto acceptance and basically allows them to live in those communities with immunity. The government rewards their breaking and entering into our country with free medical care and welfare payments. An Arizona rancher was recently murdered by an illegal alien.
The Governors of two states - Texas and New Mexico - have taken appropriate action, ordering their respective National Guard units to assist the U.S. Border Patrol and local law enforcement in patrolling and securing their portions of our southern border. Why haven't Arizona, Louisiana and California done the same?
I'm beginning to believe that I.C.E. (Immigration Control and Enforcement), an agency under the Department of Homeland Security, thinks illegal aliens should be treated like some species of fish - catch and release - only to have them return again and again!
Friday, April 2, 2010
In a nutshell we must CHANGE THE SYSTEM FROM THAT WHICH IT HAS BECOME. And just how do we do that?
1. November 2nd, 2010 is election day. About half our national House of "Representatives" and 30-odd national Senators are up for re-election. DO NOT VOTE FOR ANY INCUMBENTS! They apparently have not understood our written requests, made using the English language, nor have they paid any attention to the poll results regarding Obamacare, or to the Tea Party activities, or the Town Hall Meetings. It is crucial that we communicate with them in a way they will understand - at the voting booth. Remove all the incumbents from office, and perhaps the remainder will finally understand our message.
2. TALK IS CHEAP! As we have known for decades - or perhaps centuries - the vast majority of politicians are professional liars. Lies, untruths, mistruths and technical omissions are their stock-in-trade. They will tell each audience addressed during their campaign, tailor-made lies designed to garner the majority of votes from that group of voters. For one group it may be "White is the new black!", and for another "Black is the new white!". Adapt the message to suit the desires of the audience. In order for our intended system of governance to be resurrected we must replace the incumbents with proven conservatives. And not just those who claim to be conservatives. We must replace them with politicians with documented, consistently conservative records. If there are none running in your district then it becomes a "best guess" situation, but do not re-elect incumbents! This is primarily those Democrats who sold their votes (Nebraska's Ben Nelson, Ohio's Kucinich - a really CHEAP date, etc.) and those Republicans who sold out the American people (Louisiana's Anh "Joseph" Cao, etc.). They have proven by their actions that they are not representing the will of the majority of voters. Also, see how many working-class candidates you can vote into office (see paragraph 5, below).
3. Procedural Changes in Congress. Bills may be written by anybody - as is obvious in so much of our legislation, which makes so little sense. But a bill must be introduced into the legislative process by a member of Congress. From the time of introduction the bill then follows a rather circuitous route within Congress to committees, hearings, debates, etc., in both the House and the Senate. That's all fair enough, I suppose... insuring that the bill is (ostensibly) properly reviewed prior to acceptance or rejection. But there is a problem in the procedure - one that is known but never acknowledged within that legislative body. If a bill passes the hearing stage it then goes for "markup", and this is where the problem lies... markup is where the AMENDMENTS are placed in the bill. The problem is that amendments that are totally unrelated to the issue(s) addressed (I call them "hitchhikers") by the bill are - more often than not - attached to the bill. When was the last time a bill establishing a military budget passed that only included things related to the military? Hitchhikers for education, welfare, bridges to nowhere, and aircraft that the military neither requested, nor wants, nor needs are attached to the bill! A bill should pass or fail on its own merits, or be rejected in the next step of the process and returned for reconsideration if it contains requests that are unrelated to the basic intent of that bill. Bills should also be of reasonable readability in both language and length. If it takes more than 50 pages to say what you want then there is something terribly wrong. If it takes more than 100 pages somebody is trying to pull a fast one. More than 200 pages, and the sponsor should be required to defend the bill in open session, and be subject to censure and a fine for wasting the time of our legislature. When it takes more than 50 pages to ask for something that is truly needed, then the bill is rife with smoke, mirrors and earmarks. Congress should follow the KISS rule - Keep It Simple, Stupid - and NO HITCHHIKERS!
4. Eliminate access to Congress by professional lobbyists and special interest groups. One team of no more than three entity-employed volunteer representatives PER INDUSTRY or UNION would be acceptable, with no budget allowance other than employer provided transportation and lodging reservations, and reimbursable food expenses not to exceed $50 per day. Such restrictions would certainly impede, if not eliminate, the buying of Congressional favors.
5. Take the government back from Big Money. It should be obvious - to anybody that is not comatose (or already deceased) - that our elected officials are incapable of representing the working-class in a responsible manner. Would you spend millions of dollars to get a job that pays $174,000 per year? Not if you had any sense. Perhaps campaign spending limits of $350,000 for State legislators would level the playing field, and make it possible for a working-class candidate to actually get elected. If one couldn't raise that kind of money for their campaign then they probably shouldn't be running for office. After all, it's just $2,000 more than the job pays in 2 years, and would only be an average of a $5 contribution from 70,000 people.
Once upon a time, our Congress was composed of volunteers. These volunteers were men who so believed in our Republic that they worked to establish it without pay. (In 1813 they granted themselves a pay of $8 per day... paid only for the days which they actually attended to the business of the government.) Originally they were men of some learning, but mostly men of native intelligence, common sense, honor and the courage of their convictions. Open and vigorous disagreement and debate was commonplace. There was no strict party affiliation at the outset, rather, separation among Americans was primarily along philosophical lines, rather than party loyalties. Most were what we would call "Independents" today. (The earliest American political parties were the Federalists and the Republicans. George Washington declined labels, but was philosophically aligned with the Federalists, as was John Adams, Washington's VP and his successor as the 2nd President of the United States of America. The Republicans became the Democratic Party in 1828, with the Federalists becoming the Whigs in 1840 [having consumed the supporters of the Anti-Masonic Party in 1838] and finally morphing into the Republican Party in 1856. Yes, it did become a bit confusing back then.)
Our government has become an all-consuming Behemoth, that repeatedly ignores the expressed will of We the People. Government is nothing more - or anything less - than a necessary evil, of which WE are - Constitutionally - the masters... yet the government ignores our commands and turns upon us. The Obama regime goes so far as to label those citizens who would have the government follow the Constitution - upon which our nation was founded - as "terrorists" and "anarchists". Perhaps no government is better than unresponsive government, and perhaps those labeled as "terrorists" by the liberal left "progressives" are recognized as "patriots" by the conservative right.
OUR NATION WAS NOT FOUNDED ON A PHILOSOPHY OF "REDISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH" OR "SOCIALIZED" ANYTHING. IT WAS FOUNDED UNDER THE CONCEPT OF GOD-GIVEN RIGHTS - INCLUDING THE RIGHT OF ALL CITIZENS TO REAP THE BENEFITS OF THEIR OWN LABORS -
In the words of Thomas Jefferson: "God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ...
And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
Manure is what Washington has been feeding us for decades. Let us tell them we're full - and we will have no more of it!