Here are a few facts - that you won't hear on the mainstream media - regarding the House version of Obama's Universal Healthcare (Management) System. The following is from a July 15th, 2009 radio interview of Betsy McCaughey, former Lieutenant Governor of New York - and an active Patient Advocate - who has actually read the bill:
1. The bill is half paid for by a $500 BILLION cut in health care benefits and services for seniors!
2. On page 425 of the House version, Congress would make it mandatory that everyone on Medicare have a required counseling every 5 years on how to end their life sooner! How to decline nutrition, how to decline hydration, and how to go into hospice care. And, if you get sick during that 5 year period, you have to go through that counseling again!
3. All this is designed to encourage you to do what is in the best interest of society, or your family's best interests, by cutting your life short.
4. To insure equal treatment, even if you have enough money to pay for the needed treatment yourself... treatment cannot be provided.
When the "Stimulus Bill" was passed in February of 2009, there was something slipped into that bill called "Comparative Effectiveness Research" - this is generally a code for denying care to a patient based on their birthdate. It is a code that economists are quite familiar with, and the formula is relatively simple. You divide the cost of the treatment by the number of years the patient is likely to benefit from it. So, for age-related diseases - like Macular Degeneration, or Alzheimer's, or Osteoporosis - those treatments are often turned down in England, where this formula is widely used because the elderly patients have too few years left to benefit from treatment.
In 2006, the British National Health service issued an edict, using Comparative Effectiveness Research, saying that elderly people with Macular Degeneration - a condition that causes blindness - couldn't get a new drug to save the vision of both eyes until they had lost the vision in one eye!
Barack Obama's plan to reduce health care costs will be met thusly:
1. Reduce Medicare benefits and services by $500 BILLION dollars. While the White House, the Cabinet, and members of Congress continue to receive gold standard treatment in their own separate health plan - which is paid for by the taxes of the same people whose care will be reduced by $500 BILLION! If this health plan is good enough for US, why isn't it good enough for THEM?
2. Encouraging suicide among those whose care creates a drain on the system - the elderly, the chronically ill, and the developmentally disabled. We're now talking about your parents and grandparents, your brother with Downs Syndrome, or your sister with Muscular Dystrophy!
3. Creating TRILLIONS of dollars in new taxes to support his socialist dream.
Dr. Ezekial Emanuel, brother of Obama's Chief of Staff, Rahm Emanuel, said "People who have incurable or irreversible illnesses, should not be given basic health services." And, as an example, he cites, "An obvious example is not giving health services to patients with dementia."
This would include your parents with Alzheimer's, and your children with Cerebral Palsy!
Personally, I believe that Michelle Obama and the Emanuel brothers should be the first to experience such a health management system!
For more detailed information on the hidden ramifications of this horrific medical nightmare, and others, go to (cut-n-paste): http://www.defendyourhealthcare.us/
The whole thing stinks of communism! Perhaps your governments next plan will be to round up all the Jews... or all the Whites. Shades of Soylent Green (for those of you unfamiliar with SG, see: http://www.retrojunk.com/movie/trailers/45-soylent-green/44/#intro ). And why does the AmeriCorps mandatory volunteer program sound so similar to Hitler's Jugend (Youth Corps)?
I could be wrong about this... but I'm not!