Goodbye Barry - Welcome Home AMERICA!

Monday, November 10, 2008

Guns, Guts and ... OH MY GOD! He got elected!

Well, the election is over, and so are many of the things I had come to love as a cultural traditionalist. This is not a 'wait and see' condition, it is a given if NObama runs true to his demonstrated character. There will be a left-wing push for a Constitutional Amendment to - or revocation of - the Second Amendment, in spite of the Supreme Court's recent ruling validating the individual citizen's right to keep and bear arms.

The reaction to this possibility has been astounding! In preparation for the expected left-wing modification/elimination of our rights, gun sales have skyrocketed, applications for Concealed Firearms Permits have doubled in some areas of the country, and the availability of ammunition has become sparse in many areas across the country.

Personally, I purchased an extra 200 rounds of 5.56mm ammuntion today, and ordered three 30-round magazines for my Mini-14. This brings me up to 500 rounds and 8 magazines. Then there's my 500 rounds of .45acp, and 10 magazines, and the additional 750 rounds of 9mm, and 8 magazines - altogether about ½ of what I will eventually have on hand. Plus there's about 600 rounds of .22 long rifle ammunition. Oh - and I almost forgot! I also have 150 rounds of 12ga shotgun shells, mixed 00-buckshot and slugs. I'll need to increase that level to 300.

And now, some of you are surely wondering, "What in the hell is this guy going to do with all that ammunition?" Nothing spectacular. I will - undoubtedly - shoot some of it in the near future:
a. to insure that my guns are functioning properly, and
b. to insure that I can consistently hit whatever I may have to aim at in the distant future.

I will neither create another Ruby Ridge, nor will I start my own 'branch' of the Branch Davidians. Homey don't play that. What Homey do play is the oath that he has taken several times during his life ... I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same. There's more, but as I see it, the remainder doesn't apply to me, since I am no longer a member of our active duty military, or the National Guard or Reserves - but I am, and always have been, an American citizen. And this is one citizen who takes that oath seriously! Have you noticed that in countries where private gun ownership is severely restricted - or prohibited - that their people are seldom citizens ... but, rather, SUBJECTS?

I could be wrong ....................................but I'm NOT!

1 comment:

Krista said...

I'm still in mourning about Obama winning, too. I can't believe there are that many stupid people in this country, but have you seen "Jay Walking" on Jay Leno? I think our citizens will learn a lot in the next few years.