I was channel surfing last night, when I stumbled across C-Span, where the Senate Subcommittee on Civil Rights was hearing "testimony" from several people about the recent inclination of We The People toward limiting the rights of Muslim-Americans. The committee chair, Senator Dick Durbin, a left-wing Democrat from Illinois (SURPRISE! That's where Chicago is), and the committee in general appeared to have "stacked the deck" since there was no testimony given refuting their glorification of Islam and its practitioners.
Durbin, at one point, went so far as to refer to Muslim-Americans as "our Muslim brothers and sisters". I'm sorry, but I have no Muslim brothers or sisters! Muslims are neither my blood relations, nor are they my spiritual siblings. Perhaps that sounds racist, radical, insensitive and/or Islamophobic to some of my readers. But, that's the way it is when your "brothers and sisters" follow the doctrine of a "holy" book (the Qur'an/Koran) that exhorts them to -
- Slay the unbelievers wherever you find them(Sura 2:191)
- Make war on the infidels living in your neighboorhood (Sura 9:123)
- When opportunity arises, kill the infidels wherever you catch them (Sura 9:5)
- Kill the Jews and the Christians if they do not convert to Islam or refuse to pay Jizya tax (Sura 9:29)
- Any religion other than Islam is not acceptable (Sura 3:85)
- The Jews and the Christians are perverts; fight them (Sura 9:30)
- Maim and crucify the infidels if they criticise Islam. (Sura 5:33)
- The infidels are unclean; do not let them into a mosque (Sura 9:28)
- Punish the unbelievers with garments of fire, hooked iron rods, boiling water; melt their skin and bellies
- Do not hanker for peace with the infidels; behead them when you catch them (Sura 47:4)
- The unbelievers are stupid; urge the Muslims to fight them (Sura 8:65)
- Muslims must not take the infidels as friends (Sura 3:28)
- Terrorise and behead those who believe in scriptures other than the Qur’an (Sura 8:12)
- Muslims must muster all weapons to terrorise the infidels (Sura 8:60)
My spiritual brothers and sisters are much more likely to be Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, Taoists, Wiccan and even Atheist or practitioners of Voodoo and Santeria! Why? Because there is no other "holy book" on Earth that proclaims its followers must "terrorize and kill" any and all who do not share their Muslim beliefs!
During this C-Span hearing, representatives of our own government accused Americans of being "intolerant" toward Muslims. Intolerant? They're lucky we didn't kill 3,300 of them (under Mosaic law) on September 10, 2001! There is no religion on this planet that is as intolerant as Islam! But, let's not mention that... because it would be politically incorrect.
Let's assume, as does our government (and common sense to some degree), that not all Muslims are terrorists, and that not all Muslims wish to terrorize and kill anyone who does not accept Islam as their personal belief system. Unfortunately, you "can't tell one from the other without a program". Why are those majority "moderate Muslims" not eliminating the "radicals" from their midst? Why are the moderate Muslims not identifying the "radical Muslims" to the authorities? Why is the government allowing the continuing influx of Muslim immigrants into our country, when we can't accurately identify those whose goal is our destruction? Who would want a child molester to move in as their next door neighbor? Yet our government allows those who have the proven ability to cheat, steal, lie and murder to promote the goals of World Islamization to pour into our country and set up residence next door. We are the first two of the "Three Little Pigs"... building our domestic protections from straw and twigs, when what we need is bricks!
That just the way I see things. I am not a bigot, but I am a realist. I will not "gild the lily", nor will I tell you that black is white, or that bad is good. The biggest threat to our national security is not in Afghanistan, or Iraq... or even Iran. The biggest threat to our national security is along our swiss-cheese borders, and in cities like Dearborn, Michigan (where the government essentially said, "It's okay to irritate 99% of our population by the broadcasting of the Muslim call to prayer over high-powered amplifiers and loudspeakers five times daily. We just have to be careful that we don't inconvenience our local Muslim population.")
My attitude is basically one of, SKROOM! Let the Muslims become as flexible in their religious practices as they are in their politics...