Well, this will be a start, anyway. I may not live long enough to list all the things that cheese me off - I'm doubtful that Methuselah lived that long!
1. Outsourcing American Jobs - There was a song, popular in the late 1950's-early 1960's, called "Love Makes The World Go 'Round", and the title was spot-on. Love is what makes the world go 'round! However, it's not the kind of love the song was touting. It's not spiritual love ... or compassionate love ... or brotherly love. What makes the world go 'round is greed ... the love of MONEY and/or POWER! And, they who have it wish to keep it ... no, not just keep it ... amass more of it! Those individuals and corporate entities are as much "junkies" as are those who are shooting, snorting, huffing and otherwise absorbing toxic chemicals into their bodies. The more they get, the more they require. Do they care about the American worker? No. What they do care about is expanding their control of ever-increasing sums of their "drug of choice" - money or power. Now you should familiarize yourself with the term R.O.I. (also ROI) - Return On Investment. ROI is what allows these junkies to feed their acquisition habit, and the greater the ROI the more they can feed from it. How do they get the ROI up? By lowering production costs, and/or increasing the price of the end-product. A manufacturer can only raise the price so far before their product becomes less desirable to the greatest number of customers, and the market begins to shrink, which is counterproductive. So, reducing production costs is the obvious way to increase profit margins. This is most easily accomplished by eliminating union (or similar relatively high-paying) jobs at the production facility, and subbing them out to some 3rd world country - where anybody making $1 per hour is considered to be in the upper-middle class! What's worse, is that our government gives those who ship American jobs overseas tax incentives to do so! What SHOULD our government be doing for the American people?
a. Eliminate all tax incentives for jobs outsourced overseas.
b. For each job outsourced to another country, the corporation should be required to pay full unemployment benefits for one American worker.
c. All products manufactured by an American company outside the United States of America, must either be subject to a 100% tax to allow importation, or be for consumption solely outside the borders of the 50 United States.
2. Immigration Issues - Our government shouldn't even be considering another amnesty program for illegal aliens! They have already proven their total disregard for our laws and our sovereignty, by not complying with the established procedures for legal entry into the USA. They are therefore by definition, criminals. No excuse is acceptable. If they are qualified political refugees, there are already procedures in-place to effect their rapid admittance into the USA. "I want a better paying job.", is not an acceptable reason to be here without the proper documentation! Let their country create that "better paying job". It is not incumbent upon the citizens of the United States to supply the entire world with better paying jobs!
What SHOULD our government be doing about illegal immigration and border control?
a. First, be honest about the designation of ILLEGAL ALIENS. They are no more "undocumented workers", than looters are "unreceipted shoppers", or than bank robbers are simply making "unestablished account withdrawals"! Call a spade a spade ... it's not a "manually operated personal excavation device". If they were not born in this country, they are aliens - and, if they are here in violation of our laws, they are ILLEGAL ALIENS. What's so difficult to understand about that?
b. Round them up and send them all back to where they came from. The bleeding heart, liberal left in this country cries, "That's too expensive. We can't afford it!" We seem to have been able to "afford" the millions of dollars per day it takes to keep them in welfare and health benefits. One months savings in benefits could send 50% of them back where they came from, and in 60 days our entire problem would be solved ... IF we followed up with "c.", below.
c. Secure our borders - both southern and northern. Although the vast majority of illegal entries - of which we are aware - come from Mexico, a significant number have been slipping over our northern border as well. Augment the Border Patrol with National Guard personnel. That's what the "National Guard" is supposed to be doing - guarding the nation. Isn't it odd that the actual name of the organization states that so clearly? And, they can do that best along our borders.
d. Those who are still interested in acquiring US citizenship, may take a number and move to the back of the line. When your background investigation has been completed, and your number is called, you may then enter the United States of America, take a citizenship test - in ENGLISH - and pick up your Green Card, just like all the other people outside the USA who wish to live inside the USA. You get no special privileges for having violated our sovereignty and breaking our laws.
3. Press "1" for English - This is the United States of America! English is our de facto National language, whether Congress wants to recognize it as such or not. What number do I press for Amharic, Swahili, Thai, Mandarin Chinese or Esperanto? If they can't speak English, why are they using a telephone in the United States to call an American business? And, what about all the other world languages? Are they so insignificant that they don't rate a button to press?
By the time we finished listening to all the button pushing options, we'd have forgotten who we were calling and what we were calling them about! Political correctness has no practical place in the real, work-a-day world.
What should be done about it? We could boycott all businesses that offer language options ... but, that would mean we would conduct business with almost nobody, which would leave us very needy. So, I offer the following alternatives:
a. Press the * button at the voice prompt. This usually connects you with an operator, which gives you the opportunity to complain to somebody about having to press 1 to speak English in the USA.
b. Visit, write, email or telephone your elected representatives, and demand that they support English as the official language of the United States of America.
c. Modify the current recorded message to something like, "If you do not speak English, please dial the appropriate code for your country of origin, followed by any numbers you might wish to press. Your call will eventually be answered by a speaker of your native tongue." or perhaps, "If you wish to speak any language other than English, press 1, and then hold your breath until somebody answers. If you wish to function in our country, learn the language!" (I, personally, have been to more than a dozen, non-English speaking foreign countries, and have always tried to learn as much of their language as I could during the length of time I was there. People all over the world appreciate it when you show enough of an interest in their language and culture to make an attempt to learn it! It tells them that they count with you, and that you respect them enough to make the effort.)
4. Those Who Strive To Eliminate The American culture - The same culture which made us the most powerful, productive, and technologically advanced country in the world. There's an old saying ... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Well, it ain't broke ... yet. But, if the left-wing whiners are permitted to have their way, it will be before long! All one has to do is look around them to see the beginnings of the end.
a. Our public schools are teaching crap courses in 'alternative lifestyles', instead of conducting a reality education, and teaching hard-core, necessary life skills. History has become an elective course in many places, because it hasn't been re-written to reflect the way some people would like it to have happened. Our educational institutions have been converted over the years to indoctrination centers for the weak-willed masses, teaching our children what to think rather than how to think. Discipline has become non-existent in our schools, hence the attacks on both students and teachers by other students. Weapons carried into schools by students was unheard of 50 years ago, yet today they're getting through the doors with assault rifles! What's wrong with this picture? If you can't see it, then show the picture to Stevie Wonder - even a blind man can 'see' that our country is rapidly deteriorating.
b. Our legal system has imploded. Why doesn't our system work the way in which it was designed ... to protect the innocent and punish the guilty? Because those making our laws - our legislators - have made our laws Labyrinthine in order to protect their own interests. Once upon a time, our laws were relatively simple. If you were found guilty of crime "X" then you were sentenced to punishment "X" ... end of story. Today we have ten exceptions to each crime, and sixteen definitions for each word used to describe the particular crime. Our laws have become so complicated that the average person stands no chance of understanding them without acquiring the services of an attorney. "And why is that?", you ask. Because 90+% of our legislators - the rascals making our laws - are attorneys themselves. Liberal judges are now making law from the bench, rather than enforcing the laws that are on the books, and the liberal media are cheering them on. Justice for the victim has become secondary to the rights of the criminal! If one ever goes to court seeking "justice" he or she will leave the court in bitter disappointment. Courts no longer dispense justice, they dispense law - perhaps even dispensing a law that the presiding judge just then decided we needed, so he/she created it on-the-spot.
5. Those Who Feel They Need Special Entitlements - This is a group that really frosts my apples!
a. If you are a cab driver, your JOB is to pick up people with your cab, and deliver them to their desired destination. If you have an objection to doing that, perhaps you should find a different line of work ... like working at the local 7-11.
b. Wash your feet at home before you leave for that flight to Afdinkistaq ... don't expect the taxpayers to 'foot' the bill for a foot washing facility at the airport. If it's that important to you, put your foot in that sink ... or, better yet, wash your feet in one of those large, white, flushable ceramic bowls on the floor inside the restroom. That's why they call them "restrooms" instead of bathrooms ... you aren't supposed to bathe in there, you morons! If this is inconvenient for you, tough! You can avoid that little inconvenience by not traveling with human beings.
c. You don't deserve a driver's license unless there is a recognizable picture on it. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say you have the right to a driver's license. Operating a motor vehicle on our roads, streets and highways is a privilege, not a right. A picture of a pair of eyes peering out from inside a burkah is not proper identification, morons! If it was, anybody should be able to have their driver's license picture taken with a bandana covering their chin, mouth and nose, wearing dark glasses, and a ball cap ... or wearing clown makeup. If you don't like following the same rules that everybody else must follow, return to the sand pit you came from!
6. Other Assorted Whiners -
a. Neither I, nor any of my ancestors for whom I can account, presently owns, or has at any time owned, slaves. Your request for "reparations" for slavery is therefore denied. Suck it up, get an education, get a job, and then get on with your life! If you want reparations, take that matter up with your African brothers who sold your ancestors into slavery.
b. PETA - as far as I'm concerned, that acronym stands for People Eating Tasty Animals! That's why human beings are at the top of the food chain, you idiots! I don't believe in, or in any way support the mistreatment of animals ... even those specifically raised with the intent to eventually become food. All creatures should meet as instantaneous and pain-free a demise as we can possibly provide for them. But Bubba, we eat that which does not eat us first, and nowhere does it say that man shall not eat meat. There are some religious taboos about what kinds of meat we should not eat, but there are no laws prohibiting eating anything.
c. ACLU - the American Communist Lawyers Union. You people should be run out of the country, period. Your organization was founded by Roger Baldwin, a card-carrying communist whose avowed purpose was to destroy our way of life ... "We are for SOCIALISM, disarmament, and ultimately for abolishing the state itself. We seek the social ownership of property, the abolition of the propertied class, and the SOLE CONTROL of those who produce wealth. COMMUNISM is the goal." Another Baldwin quote goes, “Do steer away from making it look like a Socialist enterprise…We want also to look like patriots in everything we do. We want to get a good lot of flags, talk a good deal about the Constitution and what our forefathers wanted to make of this country, and to show that we are really the folks that really stand for the spirit of our institutions.” (Roger Baldwin’s advice in 1917 to Louis Lochner of the socialist People’s Council in Minnesota.) Don't try to convince ME that the ACLU is the least bit interested in American Civil Liberties ... unless it's in destroying those civil liberties.
7. The AARP - for providing $5,000,000 as a financial gift to the above ACLU. Therefore, I will never be a member of that organization!
Well, it's a beginning ... only 2,340 more things to go!